Thursday, January 12, 2012

Don't Waste Time. It's the Most Precious Thing You Have.

I need to stop procrastinating. Yes, even as I have no schoolwork or work-work, I still find ways to put off doing things I should be doing. There are always things I should be doing. Maybe if I list them here every time I visit my blog it can serve as an explicit reminder that I should be doing these things instead of dillydallying around my blog. PUBLIC SHAMING.


Research investment funds and stocks.
Write to Max.
Update LinkedIn profile.
Read some good books.
Plan a trip. Napa? Europe? China?
Blog about topics that matter.
Upload pictures onto Picasa.
Visit my old babysitter.
Download music.
Buy a birthday card.

everyman, I know you'll read this eventually. Sheng ri kuai le!

5 comments:

  1. by "eventually" you must mean "in a few hours." TY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. it is dillydallying when you pore your brain over and over again for something to blog about when there's real work you should be doing.

      Delete
  3. Stumbled on your blog by pure coincidence, and saw the "top 40 worst people in America". And then I saw this post.

    Just a few suggestions from a personal experience:
    - "Research investment funds and stocks." "Read some good books.": Try [Investing 101] by Kathy Kristof. I plunked down some money into mutual funds after reading that. 2 birds with 1 stone.

    - "Plan a trip. Napa?": I went there last month, seems overhyped. China sounds good tho.

    - "Download music": without paying, to show your protest against SOPA at the same time. What an efficient use of time that would be!

    - "Buy a birthday card": people still do that? I'm surprised.

    Anyways, just wanna say that you got a nice blog here. If you have a chance, drop by my blog at http://desperatemoments.wordpress.com
    Don't let the initial shock turn you away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks desperatemoments, for both the compliment and book tip! it's once in a blue moon someone random reads my blog so i appreciate it. i will check out kathy kristof. i've been to napa too, but springtime in wine country sounds heavenly. maybe sonoma. and birthday cards are great. people should receive them more often. there are so many witty/funny ones worth giving.

    ReplyDelete