Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Mind is Getting in the Way of my Thinking

This weekend is hosting-my-family-at-the-apartment weekend. It's been a bit stressful, planning things for them to do, making sure they're well-rested and happy, all the while thinking about how much work I have waiting for me on Monday when I return.

This is where my scatterbrain-ness really does me a disservice than any other time. I think my ability to remember things is negatively correlated with my stress level. Even in moments where I am supposed to be in partial or pure relaxation, I find my mind wandering and trying to make a mental checklist of all the things I need to do. I'll be reading a magazine and thinking, what was that ONE gosh darn thing I forgot to put on my to-do list? Or lying in savasana in my yoga practice and thinking about how I'll sequence the ever-accumulating tasks I have for work. I need to prioritize my tasks. All tasks are priority. I'm always thinking about work. I don't want to, but my mind involuntarily starts thinking about it, perusing it. I'm doing it right now. RIGHT NOW, as I'm blogging. I make checklists in numerous spots so I have no centralized checklist and sometimes I'll have to make a checklist to make sure I've remembered where all my checklists are.

Help? I need the Yoga Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment